1. Fix that squeaky door
We’ve all been there, looking to make a discreet exit, pull the door open and then SQUEAK, ‘where are you going?!’ If you want to remove that squeak, simply, use a screwdriver and hammer to lift the pin in your door hinge then spray some oil and hammer the pin back down.
2. Soften the door slam
Hate banging doors? We do too! With this easy trick you can get less bang with zero bucks! Simply hook a wide rubber band on each door handle. And hey presto your banging door is no more!
3. Remove streaks in windows & mirrors with newspaper
Ever spent hours cleaning windows only to discover streaks everywhere? Well this foolproof tip is for you. Instead of using a cloth use a newspaper! Sounds crazy, but the smooth paper leaves surfaces streak free.
4. Clean your gutters
Cleaning gutters may sound like a boring unimportant task. But gutters act as the first line of defense to protect your home from water damage. A good tool to clean your gutters with is a garden trowel. It’s small pointed shape allows you to scrape the gutter clear.
5. Unblock drain filled with hair
Whether it’s your own doing or a follically challenged housemate these 3 easy steps can help unblock your drain.
1. Boiling water – Pour a full kettle of boiling water down the drain.
Pro tip: Leave 1 cup of water for a cup of tea
2. Caustic Soda – Always handling with care while using gloves follow the instructions on the pack. It can be purchased in a hardware store.
3. Hanger – Untangle a wire hanger so it has a hook shape. Drop down the drain and remove any blockage.
6. Add draft excluders
Adding draft excluders around the edges of doors and letterboxes is a great way to keep the heat in!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):